Spider-Man (Peter Benjamin Parker) is a well known character throughout the Marvel universe and one of Earth's mightiest heroes!
Spider-Man is based primarily in New York, Spider-Man has many powers including: Superhuman strength, speed, agility, stamina, reflexes, and endurance, Regenerative healing factor, Ability to cling to most surfaces, Precognitive Spider-Sense, Genius-level intellect, Master hand-to-hand combatant. He gained these powers after he was bitten by a radioactive spider in his teenage years. He also keeps devices on his wrists that allow him to shoot a strong adhesive spider-like web.
His motto is "With great power comes great responsibility", which his summarised after a lesson taught by his uncle, Peter's biggest hero who died soon after Peter gained his powers.
The "Inferior Deadpool"Edit
Deadpool has recently met up with the"Superior Spider-Man" in issue #10 vol. 4. This version of Spider-Man is the result of Doctor Otto Octavius entering Peter Parker's body and trying to become a better hero than Parker ever was. Parker's consciousness lives on in a minority within Doctor Octavius, who has taken up the mantle of Spider-Man.
Spider-Man and Deadpool met a few times over the years, and it wasn't always very pleasant. Side Note from Deadpool: Spider-Man, you may catch thieves like flies, but can you get a life? In issue #10, vol 4, the dynamic between the characters is slightly altered. This is due to The Superior Spiderman, Otto's new opinion on evil-doers, and the fact that Deadpool unkowingly made fun of him during a battle and stole one of his web shooters.
- Deadpool's first speaking role in an animated series (he had previously been seen in X-Men The Animated Series, and later spoke in the movie Hulk Vs. Wolverine) was in an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man, titled Ultimate Deadpool. The Deadpool of this episode is closer to the 616 Deadpool rather then the Ultimate version.
- Before ever meeting Spider-Man, one of Deadpool's covers parodied the iconic Amazing Fantasy #15 cover.
- Deadpool has appeared in Spider-Man video games as a villain, that character is a loose amalgamation of 616 and Ultimate Deadpool.
- Deadpool and Spider-Man's actual first meeting in Amazing Spider-Man #611's cover features Spider-Man wearing Cable's gear.
- Amazing Spider-Man #611 was not actually the first comic to feature both Spider-Man and Deadpool in the same issue, though the two never crossed paths, see the Spider-Man/X-Force crossover event "Sabotage X-Over" for the first comic to feature both Spidey and Pool.
- Ultimate Deadpool is a Ultimate Spider-Man villain based on classic Spider-Man enemy, Sin-Eater.
Spider-Man and Deadpool have met in the following comics: