|Title||The Amazing Spiderman|
Spider-Man is a well known character throughout the Marvel universe and one of Earth's mightiest heroes!
Spider-Man is based primarily in New York, Spider-Man has many powers including: Superhuman strength, speed, agility, stamina, reflexes, and endurance, fourth-wall consciousness, Ability to cling to most surfaces, Precognitive Spider-Sense, Genius-level intellect, Master hand-to-hand combatant. He gained these powers after he was bitten by a radioactive spider in his teenage years. He also keeps devices on his wrists that allow him to shoot a strong adhesive spider-like sticky white web.
His motto is "With great power comes great responsibility", which is summarized after a lesson taught by his uncle, Peter's biggest hero who died soon after Peter gained his powers.
Spider-Man and Deadpool have met a few times over the years, and it wasn't always very pleasant. The two share a very interesting friendship, filled with ups and downs. An example of this is in Issue #10, Volume #4, when the dynamic between the characters is slightly altered. This is due to The Superior Spider-Man, Otto's new opinion on evil-doers, and the fact that Deadpool unknowingly made fun of him during a battle and stole one of his web shooters. There are also some instances where they don't see eye to eye, a key example of this is Deadpool's mercenary and lack of morals. Despite this, they have been shown to have incredible teamwork and in truth Deadpool has a deep admiration for Spiderman, and wants nothing more than to be his best friend. Additionally, Deadpool's continuous flirtation with Spiderman has lead many to believe that there may also be romantic connotations between the two. This pairing has been dubbed "Spideypool".
- Deadpool's first speaking role in an animated series (he had previously been seen in X-Men The Animated Series, and later spoke in the movie Hulk Vs. Wolverine) was in an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man, titled Ultimate Deadpool. The Deadpool of this episode is closer to the 616 Deadpool rather than the Ultimate version.
- Deadpool has appeared in Spider-Man video games as a villain, that character is a loose amalgamation of 616 and Ultimate Deadpool.
- Deadpool and Spider-Man's actual first meeting in Amazing Spider-Man #611's cover features Spider-Man wearing Cable's gear.
- They first met when Deadpool time-traveled back to the past where he met Peter Parker and pretended to be him to meet weasel.
- Amazing Spider-Man #611 was not actually the first comic to feature both Spider-Man and Deadpool in the same issue, though the two never crossed paths, see the Spider-Man/X-Force crossover event "Sabotage X-Over" for the first comic to feature both Spidey and Pool.
- Ultimate Deadpool is an Ultimate Spider-Man villain based on classic Spider-Man enemy, Sin-Eater.
- Deep down, Deadpool wishes he could be like Spider-Man but realizes he enjoys killing too much.
Spider-Man and Deadpool have met in the following comics:
- Deadpool: Suicide Kings #3-5
- Amazing Spider-Man #611, 695, Annual #38
- Deadpool (volume 1)Annual #01
- Deadpool (volume 2) #19-21, 49.1, 51
- Deadpool (volume 3) #11, 67, Annual 02
- Deadpool (volume 5) #45
- Deadpool Team-Up #683
- Deadpool's Art of War #2-4
- Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #2
- Avenging Spider-Man #12,13
- Spider-Man/Deadpool (2016-)